Shaffer Pomeroy, Ltd. was organized in 2005 by combining the experienced firms of Shaffer, Johnston, Lichtenwalter & Associates, Inc. with offices in Mansfield and Wooster with Pomeroy & Associates, Ltd. with an office in Columbus, to provide transportation design services for the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and other public or private entities requiring ODOT prequalification.
SJL, Inc. has been providing Civil Engineering and Surveying services in north central Ohio since 1952. Pomeroy & Associates, Ltd. has been providing the same services in central and southern Ohio since 1961.
Shaffer Pomeroy, Ltd. is ODOT-Prequalified to provide:
- Roadway Design – Non-complex & Complex
- Bridge Design – Levels 1 & 2
- Bridge Inspection – Level 1
- Right-of-Way Plan Development – Limited & Complex
- Bicycle Facility & Enhancement Design
- Environmental Document Preparation – Categorical Exclusion
We will typically engage ODOT-prequalified subconsultants for the following services:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Right-of-Way Acquisition
- Aerial Mapping